Sunday, August 10, 2008

Full Term

I think pretty much everyone who reads my blog has heard the big news already. If not, you are in for a big surprise. This is the story you always hear about happening to somebody else. Never in my wildest dreams did I think it could happen to us. Craig and I were planning on attending my 20 year class reunion this past weekend. I procrastinated registering just because I had a feeling that something would come up and we wouldn't be able to go--but I finally registered on Tuesday and paid for it through paypal. While getting things ready, I also tried to email our social worker our plans of getting away for the weekend with all of our contact information--the power went out for a bit on Tuesday while I was writing my email so I finally got around to it on Wednesday. Our social worker acknowledged our email on Thursday at about 1pm and let us know we had one mailer taken in June. I was going to call Craig and let him know, but we have had so many mailers taken that I decided not to get excited about it anymore. Two and 1/2 hours later, our social worker called and said, "Hi Jodi, it's Michelle--I'm so glad you didn't leave yet." And I replied, "Oh my, I better sit down." :0)

I had a conference call with her and a birthparent counselor and was told that we had been chosen by her and a birthparent (birthmom did not want to pick the parents, but gave the social worker all the things she valued in a family and what she wanted and we were a match. The social worker then read our profile to our birthmom and she liked what it said.)

So, anyway, our baby girl was born on Wednesday (July 30th) at 7:29pm and we were told she would be discharged on Friday! SHELL SHOCK!! She arrived home around 3pm. Jakob was sleeping so we had some time to adjust (like 2 hours.) We had no idea what to expect. Jakob is an amazing big brother. He already loves his baby sister and helps out whenever he can. He likes to help feed her and put her pacifier in her mouth. He knows where the pee pee and poo poo come out and says "uh oh" if he sees spit up on her mouth. He pats her head, rubs her tummy and tickles her feet. I could not ask for a more perfect family!! :0) We have decided to name her Jada Leila Carmen.

We are still in legal risk--which means that yes, Jada's mom can change her mind. Nothing matters to us right now. Jada is already a part of our hearts and our lives no matter what her first mom decides. Love is love.

For now, I ask that you pray for Jada's first mom. She needs your prayers the most. May she feel peace with her decision and find support for the many emotional days to come. I will personally pray that she find the strength to become a bigger part of our lives. We love her more than she will ever ever know. At first it sounded like she wanted a pretty closed adoption, but we have since received her email and permission to send her pictures through it of all of us. We pray that she will write us back.

Jada has already captured our hearts and has us all wrapped around her little teeny tiny fingers!!! We even got to meet Sabrina in person--finally--and eat her simply fabulous Mexican dish and lime pie (which, by the way, is already gone.) MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

It really is amazing how God has brought so many wonderful people and all the many blessings to our lives. We are so lucky and feel so loved!!

And, in case you were wondering. . . we didn't make it to my 20 year reunion!! haha!!

Oh, and I suppose you would like to see some pictures?





3 comments:

...sensible of shoe said...

I love her!

Sabrina said...

It was so great to finally meet you and Craig, Jakob and Jada!
What a little blessing of a family you have! :)

K and/or K said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers