Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Open Adoption Round Table #29

"The Open Adoption Roundtable is a series of occasional writing prompts about open adoption. It's designed to showcase of the diversity of thought and experience in the open adoption community. You don't need to be listed at Open Adoption Bloggers to participate or even be in a traditional open adoption. If you're thinking about openness in adoption, you have a place at the table. The prompts are meant to be starting points--please feel free to adapt or expand on them."

I don't write with the prompts very often...I am not a gifted writer, per say, and always feel like I can't get my feelings accurately portrayed with my writing--well that and the simple fact that blogging is not my first priority even though I wish I had more time to do it.

Here's the Open Adoption Round Table #29

"I thought it could be fun to do an open mic style roundtable. Our group is growing and a lot of us haven't "met" each other yet.  So point us to a favorite post on your blog. It doesn't even need to be about adoption. And tell us a little bit about why you picked the one you did."

This should have been an easy one...just go through and find my favorite post. Whoa, time, life, and all of that kind of got in the way.  As I started to aimlessly look through my past posts, I stumbled upon this post written while we were in the process of waiting to be chosen to adopt our second child. It reminded me so much of where we were, how far we have come, and how much further we have to go. Open adoption is an ever evolving process and I hope anyone involved in any situation continues to have hope and never gives up when things are not going as they thought they should be. This post made me cry--even 3 years after the fact.  I'm sure there's another one I might love more, but this was the start of my foundation.  My reminder of my life with three adopted children--all open adoptions--all completely different--all in my heart each and every single day, every minute, every hour.  Wishing that things didn't always need to be so complicated, so confusing, and so far from simple--and perfect. 

My Wish For You

Don't forget to click the  OPEN ADOPTION ROUNDTABLE #29 link to read more of everyone's favorite and heart moving posts!

2 comments:

April said...

They both look so young! Those three years went by fast!

A Family of Love said...

Jodi-That was an awesome post!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers