Thursday, January 22, 2009

I got Jakob a "birthday" balloon today at the grocery store. Who ever thought a balloon could be so so so cool?!? He has had it clipped to him since we got home. During playtime, nap, potty time (which he used the potty 4 times today--and he wore underwear to the store!), lunch and dinner, and the balloon is still with him in bed. This is really a fun age for birthdays! I can't wait until he wakes up and finds four more balloons waiting for him! He was just at a friend's birthday party on Sunday and he had a blast! (Thanks Chris, Rachelle, Mason and Carly!)

Jakob was a bit over stimulated--and zonked out the second we got home. Our family will be having a quiet celebration--well, maybe not so quiet if he gets a hold of the recorder he got at Mason's party--with just us and Jakob's birthmom--Kaiti. It will be perfect for this year. . . and then maybe we will move into the bigger party scene next year after he has been in pre-school for awhile. Yes, people, he is signed up to start pre-school in September. . . sniff sniff.

I have truly outdone myself this year with Jakob's cake! :0) I know I'm not going to win any contests on the food channel--but I think Jakob will love it--especially if you know how near and dear Ribbon NUNU and DADA NUNU are to his heart. I had to put a 3 on it since Jakob says he will be turning 2 and then when you say--no, you're turning 3--he then says he's 5. Kids. . . always trying to get older as fast as they can!

I'm sure I will have more pictures to post after his little party--but who knows when I will get to it! haha! May all your birthdays be magical, exciting and full of love! Happy Birthday Jakob!

3 comments:

...sensible of shoe said...

Happy 3rd man!

Sabrina said...

Happy Birthday Jakob! What a cutie!
I love that cake Jodi!!! LOVE!!
Hope to see you soon! :)

Ryan, Jamie, Reed, Ella, and Adelyn said...

Congrats Birthday Boy!!! What a loving and creative mommy to make such a special cake! Looks like a wonderful party! Pre-school...it's hard on a mom!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers