Friday, June 13, 2008

Jakob is terrified of the the thunder--really terrified. He thinks it is a monster outside--and lately, we have had quite a bit of loud thunder!! The other night, the storms were rolling in just as bedtime was approaching. I thought I would be ahead of the game and just blow up the air mattress and sleep with him downstairs. That way, if the weather radio went off, we wouldn't need to get him out of bed and scare him more. Craig gets up at some ungodly hour for work, so he was going to stay in bed. (In case you are wondering, our bed just isn't big enough for all of us--if you've ever slept in bed with a toddler, you know what I mean!). Well, Jakob fell asleep right away. . . pretty much dominating the entire queen sized air mattress and eventually I fell asleep too--waking up in the middle of the night with enough air missing from the mattress for me to be on the concrete floor. (Our basement is carpeted, but not with any padding--I would love to redo it right now, but it wil just have to wait.) So, I got up and moved to the couch, watching Jakob sink to the floor once I got off of the mattress. I picked him up and moved him to the couch as I was way too tired to carry him back upstairs. The "dominator" knows how to make himself comfortable and in no time was sound asleep! The cat even got up and left. Finally at around 4 am, I decided that I didn't want to suffer all weekend from a couple of poor sleeping nights so I took him back up to his bed. In the morning I got up thinking that it really wouldn't be that difficult to try camping as Jakob slept really well on the air mattress (until the air came out). We just need to patch our air mattress. We have three and they all have slow leaks. I am much too cheap to buy a new one as it is really not a dire necessity. The cat also left his mark. . . with a big hairball at the edge of the mattress. Why do they always have to do that on the clean sheets?

We have been thinking about getting our yard fenced in the rest of the way. Sitting on a quote from midwest fence wondering if we want to spend the money or not. It is something that we don't want to invest our own labor into. After doing our own roof last summer, we figure we saved enough money to pay somebody else to do the fence--but it still is quite a hunk of money--but we really need to fence in the yard. We will probably sit on this one for the whole weekend.

In the adoption world. . . .

There has been a lot of action at LSS lately. There are currently 9 prospective birthparents in family selection. We are in a pool of profiles for one and we know that our profile has been seen and NOT been rejected--yet. "Rejected" sounds kind of a harsh. I suppose it's not really rejection, but a possibility of a match. So, if you have a few spare moments, please pray for the person having to go through the daunting task of looking at profiles and thinking about placing their child--in fact, pray for anyone enduring a crisis right now--it may just help them feel good about one more day in their life. So that's where we are at with that. Waiting, wondering, hoping, praying, empathizing, and waiting.

Don't worry, I would keep you updated if anything happened.

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

Wow! I will be praying for that perfect "match".

Sabrina said...

Jodi,
When you have a chance do you want to email me your email address and phone number... I am going to be sending out my open house evite soon and want to get you on the guest list. VIP baby! :)

sabrinarobideau at hotmail dot com

L said...

I'm praying for you, and for the bMom of your future child!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers