Thursday, July 10, 2008

TIME OUT!

As if we didn't have enough timeouts today, God decided to give me one with a power outage for a few hours. It's really difficult to explain to a 2 1/2 year old about not being able to turn on his music during nap time--but he survived--and I curled up on the couch to catch up on some reading since there was really nothing else I could do. It turned out to be a really beautiful evening and we all went for a much needed bike ride (well, Jakob rode in his trailer). We stopped at the water park so Craig and Jakob could get really cold. . . . and we met a single dad and his 14 month old daughter. Man, she was beautiful. She walked right up to me and held her arms out for me to pick her up--and with permission, I did--with great joy! What a sweetheart and a huge reminder of our longing to have more children. Jakob was even really sweet to her and didn't even mind that I was holding her (for quite some time too.) When we got home, I asked him if he wanted a little brother or sister--and he said--brother. We'll see, I guess. Only time will tell. Personally, I think he would enjoy either. I can't wait. . . . .

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers