Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I have been neglecting my blog in a horrible way!  It has not been my priority.  I've been focusing on my Pilates school (which is awesome, by the way.)  It has been a very long two months.  We've had sickness, urgent care and ER visits, adenoid surgery, potty training, therapies, extra holiday cleaning jobs, traveling, birthday celebrations and birth family visits on top of our already hectic lives.  I am elated to announce that Jada's birth grandpa came over to meet Jada for the first time.  I am so excited as I know this was a very big step and I hope our relationship continues to grow with her birth family.  I hope her birthmother comes home to visit soon as I miss her dearly.  So does Jada.  We have been able to have Jenay's birthmother, her sister and sister's baby over and FINALLY, Kaiti was here too!  YAY!  Jakob's birth grand parents are coming this weekend.  I think seeing all these visits is sometimes difficult for Jada, wondering when her momma is coming again.  It is difficult to have someone live far away.  I am reminded, though, that she first thought she wanted a closed adoption so I am so very thankful that we have such a beautiful open relationship with her.

Anyway, back to all these visits...um, no, it is not easy to get our house cleaned, and it really isn't convenient to go out somewhere especially in the winter time.

Jakob turned 6!  I simply cannot believe it.  I will post some photos soon.  I just have to get them uploaded to my computer.  I'm even behind on doing that.  As always, I have a million more things I really want to say.  Deep and complex and unfortunately, a little bit too private.  :0)  I have to keep you coming back some way.  The one blog post every two months isn't going to be enough.

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

I love when you blog. But I know how hectic life gets. Happy Birthday to Jakob! :)

Heather said...

I'm looking forward to photos!

It's exciting to read about the meetings...so encouraging!

Heather said...

I can't wait to see photos!

It's so excouraging to hear about your meetings! But, getting the house ready sounds stressful! EEK!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers